I hope your van is not toast! I've seen = the level sensor crack and do that.

Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: Loretta Abbott-Kennon =
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 = 8:43 PM
Subject: UrgentHelp re; Coolant = System

Hello List, I need some advice.  I just got a = call from the people who borrowed my Syncro saying that the temp light was = flashing and coolant was coming out of the engine compartment but the temp guage = was not indicating that it was overheating.  I asked where the leak was = coming from and they said it was from the indentation next to the blue cap on = the expansion tank.  Isn't that where the temp sensor should = be?  I gave the van a tune up and checked everything out the day before they took = it on their trip and the sensor was there.  Do these things "pop" = out?  I told them to stick a cork in the hole and get to the nearest service = station and to make sure that the coolant is not leaking any more.  Was = this good advice or have I sent my Syncro to it's death?
TIA
Loretta
87 Syncro (cripled somewhere in Nevada)
90  (safe at home)