Before replacing the fuel regulator put = a gague on it. I suspectec mine but it was actually the afm, I was not cleaning it = hard enough. I used a 0-50 lb gague I had, put a hose barb on it, removed the = plug and washer, put the hose and a clamp on it and it was perfect. I almost = spent $70 for nothing.

Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: m.strozzi
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 = 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: loss of = power

Hey I've got the same thing happening.Runs like there's a potato in the exhaust pipe. I've just rebuilt this 1.9.
I've checked timing, replaced all vacum = hoses,replaced distributor, cap, rotor, plugs. I am changing the fuel pressure = regulator today. I hope that is it, if not ??
maybe air flow meter (potentiometer).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike