Opps made a mistake guess I should = have proof read a little better.

     The fog light switch gets = its power from the "G" single connectors on the back of the fuse = panel.  The relay gets its main power from the alternator/battery through a 30 = amp fuse.  Sorry for any confusion
-----Original = Message-----
From: Bolliver <bolliver@ipa.net>
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM = <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Sunday, October 29, 2000 10:37 AM
Subject: Fog light wiring

     I have = followed the thread on wiring and just thought I would add this.

     I wired = the switch to a relay that takes power from the alternator/battery through a 30 = amp fuse.  The relay gets power from the "G" single = connectors on the back of the fuse panel.  This is 12Vdc switched by the ignition.

     I wired = the fog lights on an independent circuit so that if the head lights failed, = I would have an alternate light source.  This setup has saved me on a = trip through the Ozark mountains.  The switch for the headlights failed.  I was on a winding mountain road, when suddenly it = went black.  I switched on the fog lights and was able to get to the = next town and make temporary repairs to the headlights.  Wiring into = a circuit switch off by the ignition will prevent battery run down = from leaving the fog lights on.

     I have = also wired the head lights through a relay to prevent another failure of the = headlight switch.  The headlight switch is wired through the OEM fuses = and switches the relay.  The relay draws power from the alternator/battery.

Colin Moran
"The Bronze Brick"