...and Haynes says 125!  I think as long as you are within that range and
have them all evenly torqued, you'll be fine.  As for alloy wheels, 125 is
kind of high from my experience.  I know Porsche magnesium alloys can handle
104 ft-lbs, but unless the Vanagon wheels have steel inserts, I would
hesitate to tighten them much over 100 without getting more information.  Any
late-model Bentley owners have a spec for alloys?
Patrick

In a message dated 11/2/2000 8:57:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, weber@owc.net

front blots should be tightened to 133 ft/lb and for the
rear lugs (42.2) the torque is also 133 ft/lb. However, in section 46.6 it
gives the rear lug spec as 123 ft/lb. Anybody know why?

Are there special torque specs for the alloy wheels?