After the initial shock of violation, in your case a break in, in my case a= wreck caused by a drunk driver; we were faced with a classic, two pronged d= ilemma. Repair or replace.

My wreck occurred four years ago. The insurance company( his, he had insura= nce...thank God!) wanted to total.  I wanted to repair.  It was an= uphill battle but I won. It helped that he had prior DUIs. My repairs were = all cosmetic and totaled $7000, including new alloys on one side. Our planne= d trip to Montana had to be taken in a rental Astro van (fast, but no charac= ter and no room at all) the Caravelle was repaired and I still have i= t as a daily driver that I plan to keep for a long time.

Your Carat is beautiful...use it and enjoy it daily. Life is short. Live we= ll and fully with no regrets.
--
Stephen Steele
'91 Caravelle