I = have an 83.5 that has had the same problem for about 4 years now. If there is a = larger problem behind the stoppage that larger problem has not showed = itself yet. I suspect it has more to do with age, dried up lubs and the cold shrinking/distorting some of the clock parts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf Of Jason Stevenson
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 11:31 = PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Analog = clock

Hi all-
I was just wondering.....I have an 84 = Vanagon, and my analog clock in my dash seems to stop when it gets cold (under = about 40 degrees Fahrenheit).  Does anyone else have this problem?  = Is it indicative of a larger problem?  Like a battery about to croak?   Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Jason