Hey Volks,

        First, I gotta thank the list for getting me through my recent auto
tranny swap without too much trouble.  You guys were under there with me...
you just didn't get as dirty.  I took the opportunity to really do a good
flush and fill... I used the nose-pointing-downhill method.  I happy to say,
I'm now a member of the prestigious "LED" club.  My temp needle never goes
about the first half of the LED now... and I have excellent heater
performance as well.... what a great thing to have in Alaska.  But....
something has piqued my curiosity... mainly because I've never seen this
before.

        My coolant tank has absolutely no air in it.... filled to the top.
Expansion tank is normal...  IS THIS RIGHT !?!   DOES THIS MEAN THAT FOR THE
PREVIOUS 6 YEARS I NEVER HAD ALL THE AIR OUT OF MY VAN'S COOLANT !?!

Enlighten me, o wise list.

Scott De Santi
86 Vanagon 2WD (The Wobbly Bus)
Anchorage, Alaska