Hello list,
Here is an update on the survey I took on the list a few weeks ago.
First, over 25 Listmembers (you know who you are) responded positively as
interested in a list purchase of the 3 and 6P12 catalytic heaters.

It will be a while before there can be a list purchase, as now individual
purchases at this time are 4 weeks or longer, since Arnie is working alone.
He is looking for a manufacturer to produce the Cat, and it is certain that
it will be mass produced soon, but when is the question. I was able to
squeeze 1 heater from him and this is a brand new heater, which is already
sold.

He is swamped with work in parts and service, so he may be only able to come
up with a heater for now maybe 1 a month. This is the only bad news, because
he has some ideas for heaters that will be made just for our
campers/Vanagons. as soon as more heaters are available, I will let you know.

Meanwhile, I am acting as sales rep and can handle most of your questions.
I made a list of lists names and addresses in the order that they were
received.

You can e-mail me personally and I can tell you your waiting number. (I have
made an accurate recount of all the numbers!)

As soon as the heater is being produced, I will let you know.
If I get any used Cats, you can opt for one of these.

I went to the Spokane area where the night before they broke a 125 year
record of-2 below F. I camped out, and the night temp was down to F. 10 The
Plat Cat kept it the night temp inside my 82 Westfalia to around F 60, where
I set the thermostat. All the curtains were closed, including the windshield
curtain. The pop-top was closed.
The heat shield that I put on the heater for the night kept me from getting
to hot.
I suppose at twenty below F you won't need the heat shield.

During the day and evening the heater kept the interior in the comfort zone
68-70.
This was the first chance I had at testing the heater in very cold weather.
So if any one who didn't get a chance to respond to the survey is interested,
please let me know, including your preference for location.
I will let you know when I get any news regarding the Platinum Cat.

Thermally yours,
Robert

Robert Keezer

WarmerWagen