Ok you guys & gals= this is it !  The ultimate gift for Christmas, this
was in the Ott= awa Citizen yesterday and I thought it should be shared with
you all ! &= nbsp;Enjoy !

Bags: To be sold by silent auction
Continued from page Fl

      There are shopping bags, plastic ba= gs, evening bags, waist pouches and
backpacks. And creativity ran unchec= ked, with condoms and cookie pans, hu­man
hair, piano parts and live f= ish finding their way into the designs.
      Allson Smith-Welsh recycled a girdl= e, sewing zippers into the bra cups
to safeguard valuables. And Wal-Mart= saleswoman Carole Hebert spent more than
80 hours creating an ostrich e= gg purse lined with ostrich skin and closing
with a feather clasp. Learn= ing how to process the skin alone took three weeks.
      Seeing a pair of shiny VW van hubca= ps in a junkyard reminded sculptor
Lynne Lalonde of a friend who once dr= ove from British Columbia to Ottawa in a
beat-up van.
"She was as colourful and playful and representing of freedom as her old= VW,"
she says. And the hubcaps reminded her of a time when people were = more active
in social causes. "Today we 'talk about it but we don't go i= nto the streets
any-more. I find that alarming," she says.  "Maybe = it (her "Peace and Love"
bag) will make us speak about these times more = often and we'll go back into
the street and protest."
Ms. Lalonde's Peace and Love bag, along with the other works of art, wil= l
sell by silent auction on Dec. 15.
      There is a $200 minimum bid, which = can be waived at the de­signer's
discretion.

Click here > http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/graphics/misc/vwpurse.jpg to see=
this lovely purse !

Cheers

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stain= less Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli &a= mp; Associates or http://frankcondelli.com