Frank Condelli wrote:
In a message dated 11/19/2000 3:21:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Re: ABS on a Vanagon ... wha'???

      David, my sentiments EXACTLY !  We don't need all this gadgetry to
drive to the Mall !  I used to own MGB's, the simplest form of
transportation, always got to where I was going.  Safety Fast !

Frank,
I'm with you guys! In fact, why not just do away with those brakes entirely? No more bleeding, replacing pads/shoes, squealing, etc. That there mechanical stuff just got too complicated. Nobody stops for anything anymore, so why have them??
Larry
PS-If anyone that has a Vanagon ABS system wants to sell it, let me know. Just for, err, a paperweight!