I have power windows on my 87, but I think the setup = is the same as to the "stopper" or "bumper."  Mine was missing on the = driver side but I matched what I still had on the passenger side with a rubber = bumper and sheet metal screw I purchased from a hdw. store.  Bit of a bear = getting a stubby screwdriver underneath to drive the screw into the hole, but it = has worked great!  It will indeed stop your window just a bit before it = hits absolute bottom.  Can't tell you the exact size, but about 3/8" = length and diam.  You can try a few screw sizes by hand w/o the bumper until = you find one that seems right.  You'll need a bumper whose screw head is = recessed so the window will hit rubber and not screw.  BTW while your door is = opened up, look at the side of the window glass near the door latch to make = sure the fabric pad is in place to keep the glass from rocking as it rises and falls.  There's a small metal "frame" fastened (welded?) to the = inside of the window frame to hold this pad.  I bought a thick (1/4"?) = self-adhesive furniture pad to stick on where mine was missing.

Jim Creech
87 Westy GL, 2.1

<snip>
there is supposed to be a stopper at = the base of the window regulator, I would appreciate it, as I hadn't the time or = patience ( I was freezing!) last night to take the passenger door back apart to = check for myself.  Also, if you can tell what form that stopper takes, = it would be most appreciated.  Of course any other advice in this matter = would be helpful too.