Folks-

A friend of mine forwarded an e-mail to me that had a subject line regarding FBI secrets and President Clinton (I think).  I didn't pay much attention to it but there was a file attached.  It was graphics file ending in   .jpg.vbs

Please, Please Please- whatever you do , do not try to open this file or any file with that kind of file suffix.

I have paid dearly for this.  When you attempt to open this file, it appears that nothing happens.  You may see a slight flicker on your screen.  You keep clicking on it to try to open it.  Again, nothing happens.

What you don't see, is that the program actually runs and seeks to replace all of your .jpg graphics files and pictures with the  .jpg.vbs  suffix.

Not suspecting a thing, I deleted the e-mail and replied to my friend that I couldn't open the file.  Later, I was in  Windows Explorer and wanted to open a picture of my horse.  I noticed the file now had a   .jpg.vbs  extension.   I also noticed that my other .jpg files had the .jpg.vbs extension.   Each time I clicked on it, it would flicker but nothing seemed to happen.  I gave up, thinking I must have done something wrong.

I realized something was really wrong when my Netscape program froze as did my entire system.  When I rebooted and got back into Netscape, it was as if I was installing it for the first time!  Later, my entire screen went a pretty blue, started flickering and then cleared itself.  At this point, I decide I'd run my antivirus program on all my drives.  See my attached virus_attack.txt file for the results of my damage and for the name of this virus/worm!

This attack has affected my entire system and any file that relies on the .jpg extension or suffix will have been damaged!  It also attacks any .vbs files you may have on your system and there are many of them- Windows relies on these .vbs files to run.

Good luck all of you...