Happy Thanksgiving all!

I have a question for = ye....

About 7-8 months ago, Betsy (our '87 = Wolfy) went into the dealership to get a tune up and some coolant hoses replaced (I = had a broken collar bone). The mechanic there told me that I had = installed the incorrect spark plugs, and that he had replaced them with Bosch 3 -Trodes[W7DTC].

Last weekend, half of the electrode isulator on one of those spark plugs broke off and is loose in the cylinder. Since I'm going to re-seal the head this weekend anyway, no biggie.

My question is, Are these really the = correct plugs for my van? I've always used Bosch Super (single trode) in all my air-cooled buses, and that is what I had installed in Betsy. After = speaking with one of the very helpful guys at Bus Boys, I was informed that the = 3-prongers are for '85 only? Is this right? The plugs seem to run great, but I'm = worried about future problems (i.e. eletrode insulators breaking in = half!).

I've read many posts supporting these = plugs. So, did I just happen to get a defective one? All the plugs are clean, no = deposits, etc...

I'm just a bit confused. I'm going to = need to replace the plug(s) this weekend and, of course, I want to be sure that = Betsy has the correct setup.

Thanks a bunch!

Don Preston
'87 Wolfy GL
~Betsy the Mp3 = Bus~