Well after reviewing the past years = worth of comments on the "Leakers" I have concluded that to stay within my budget = I am going to do it myself (I'm not a mechanic) but I have 11 years = experience with fixing my GL.  But I would like to ask a few question of those that = have done it before.

1) Can I do only one = side?

2) The Bentley says "Caution DO NOT = use a click type torque wrench.  Use only beam or dial torque = wrench."  I know what a beam type and I've got a craftsman "digitork" wrench.  = What is a "click" type torque wrench? and what is the one I have?

3)  I read mention to beating a = stuck head with a Plexiglas hammer as per the Bentley.  I did not see in = the manual this reference, am I overlooking something in the = Bentley?

4) The Bentley mentions putting = a sealant on the Cap nut.  Is one of those obscure things that is in the = manual that is more of a German Engineering thing that isn't practiced in reality or = is it my ignorance and is a common as filling up the gas tank?

Thanks in advance,
Jere
Bellingham, WA
88 GL