I recently had loads = of work done on my 85 GL including a new starter installed. Sometimes when I go = to start the engine, after turning the key, nothing happens. Then when I do = it again it starts right up. The battery is new also. Any ideas what this could be????
    I also had a new = Sachs clutch installed. When shifting into 3rd gear it grind slightly. Does that mean = its out of adjustment or was it improperly installed???
I know absolutly nothing about cars and = even less about Vanagon's so please bare with me and my dumb = questions.
thanks,
Chad