Dear Syncronauts
   I just installed a new thermostat in my '87 syncro and c= arefully put the housing back together and the housing is leaking like a sie= ve !!
I took it apart again and cleaned it all out where the top & bottom of= the housing meet.  Everything looks fine!  I carefully put it bac= k together, poured in the coolant again and its just raining in there!!! &nb= sp;I cant figure it out! Its not even under pressure! There are two flat sur= faces that come together and are flush (the top half & the bottom) and t= here's a screw at each corner that holds them in place.  There's no rub= ber o ring or anything like that to make the seal.     &= nbsp;
     I can see the coolant just flowing out in be= tween the seam.  It looks flush! I carefully screwed it down tightly wi= th alot of pressure.  But not so much as to crack the plastic top.
 Any ideas?? Thanks,

Mystified,

Peter

please respond to me at printstud@bigfoot.com as well