From: Peter
Newsgroups: = groupstudy.vanagon
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, = 2000 8:16 PM
Subject: Thermostat housing = leaking like Crazy!!

Dear Syncronauts
   I just = installed a new thermostat in my '87 syncro and carefully put the housing back = together and the housing is leaking like a sieve !!
I took it apart again = and cleaned it all out where the top & bottom of the housing meet.  Everything looks fine!  I carefully put it back together, = poured in the coolant again and its just raining in there!!!  I cant figure = it out! Its not even under pressure! There are two flat surfaces that come = together and are flush (the top half & the bottom) and there's a screw at = each corner that holds them in place.  There's no rubber o ring or = anything like that to make the seal. =
    &nb= sp;I can see the coolant just flowing out in between the seam.  It = looks flush! I carefully screwed it down tightly with alot of pressure. =  But not so much as to crack the plastic top.
 Any ideas?? Thanks,

Mystified,

Peter

please respond to me at = printstud@bigfoot.com as well