In a message dated 12/7/2000 11:50:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Insulation

     Stephen, goto > http://members.aol.com/ralanen/insulation.jpg for plans
on how to cut the material I describe below.  Many Westys I saw at the
Omerville Rally in Quebec this past summer have this insulation on their
poptops.
     Westy poptop insulation

The material is hot-water tank insulation found at building supply
places. It is silver in colour and is made similar to bubble wrap.
Oeillet is any eyelet as used on tarps. You will need to find these
at either the building supply, tarp repair place, camping supply place or
where ever.  Corners and joints are done using duct tape. The back is held
together with a bungie cord between the two eyelets.

Cheers

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & Associates or http://frankcondelli.com