Volks,

I finally figured out the latest gas = leak in my 81 Vanagon was not the fuel neck filler grommet at all.  After taking = the tank out 4 or 5 times I concluded the tank itself was leaking.

And that brings me to my = question.  I have taken the tank to a local radiator repair shop and had the = inside coated with some sort of sealer.  Several friends have told me this is a = good thing and the coating should last forever.

But, as always, I knew where to get the = definitive answer.......here on the list.  Has anyone had any experience with = this stuff.  Its a red color and feels very hard to the touch.  It = cost $80 to have the job done but, I would rather waste those Dollars than to = cause a bigger problem.

Thanks again to all those who have and = will offer advise and words of encouragement.

Ron Hill
81 Westy
Macon GA

PS: I saw a green Bay Window Westy in = Macon today.....is it anybody on the list???