From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On = Behalf Of Ed DeBolt
Sent: Saturday, December = 09, 2000 3:53 PM
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: west coast 87 = 2.1 engine replacement questions

Hello<= /p>

 <= /p>

after 160K miles my beloved 87 weekender 2.1 is spewing oil smoke and one of my = cylinders has around 100 pounds of compression. <= /p>

 <= /p>

I = was leaning toward going down to faster german auto and getting a rebuilt one = installed.<= /p>

 <= /p>

I = was hoping to get some feedback on FGA rebuilds and experiences etc and other = options I might have on the west coast. I am ruling out a conversion since I am = trying to be somewhat budget minded.<= /p>

 <= /p>

any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.<= /p>

 <= /p>

thanks<= /p>

 <= /p>

ed@vdynamic.com<= /p>