hi all,
hope you can help, here is my problem. = About a week ago, my clutch started making strange noises when I pushed on the pedal. = The noise was sort of a cross between grinding and squealing and would start = as soon as I put even the slightest pressure on the pedal. This afternoon I = started it, noticed no noise and thought WAHOO, the vw gremlins have already fixed = the problem for me.
I started to depress the clutch to put = the car in gear, the pedal went about halfway down and stopped. It came back up, = but still won't go any further than halfway. I was sort of thinking it might be = the t/o bearing, that would explain the noise, maybe it came apart and is wedged = someplace to keep the pedal from going all the way down? Any ideas? = between this and my Quantum with a bad head gasket I am currently carless, so any = help is greatly appreciated.
Don