I just helped get a Boston Bob motor = into Jason W's '90.  What a beautiful piece of machinery.

Jason Yasment
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Upton
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 = 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: any experience = with GEX rebuilt waterboxer engines?

Boston Bob has an excellent reputation.Deal with him = not some company with out a face.

Chris Smith wrote:

 At 02:19 PM 12/10/00 -0800, Ed DeBolt = wrote:

anyone out there = have any first or second hand experience with the GEX rebuild??????

TIA

I've had 3 of their air-cooled rebuilds (one I even bought = direct from GEX), and they have been a sorry excuse for workmanship.  = The main problems have been oil starvation caused by blocked passages.  = They seem to have a problem cleaning up the cases before assembly.

Get your engine from Boston Bob.  No complaints from anyone = on the list, you get what you pay for, and with his you get more.

Chris Smith
Former GEX Customer for life