In a message dated 12/12/2000 11:24:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Canadian list members oil question

      Using 5w50 Quaker State Synthetic year round.  I have been doing this
for the past three years.  No problems.  I do keep the van in an unheated
garage for the night.  I do drive it almost everyday all year long.  I do
have a block heater but have not used it in years.  If I had to leave the van
outdoors for an extended period of time during extremely cold weather I would
use the block heater.  I'm in Almonte, ON, near Ottawa.

Cheers

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & Associates or http://frankcondelli.com