Yeah, those pop tops are kinda hard to = find and not very cheep.  They last very long with a little care.  How are = you gonna fix it to your top?  Good project...
Zoltan
----- Original Message -----
From: Don & Christina Preston
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 = 11:33 AM
Subject: Weird Liquids & = Popper questions....

Hello All!!

I have a couple of questions for ya. = This weekend I decided to pull all of the old electrical connections, vacuum lines, = and a few choice peices off the top of my engine and clean them up or = replace as necessary. When I pulled off the Intake ports (air/FI) I noticed a = sort of yellowish liquid. This was on both heads. Seems pretty weird. Note = that I recently rebuilt both heads, and added a K&N air filter. = Would either of these have anything to do with it? Should I = worry?

Second question. I was down at Bry's = yesterday and found an older Vanagon with a pop top I haden't seem before. The = topper was essentially one peice of fiberglass, with the Pop part going = straight up, no an angle. I loved the look of it, and it seems to be in pretty good = shape. The guys at Bry's want $300 for it. I'm thinking that that is a bit = high. What would be a good price for this kind of pop-top?

Thanks,

Don Preston
'87 Wolfy GL
~Betsy = the Mp3 Bus~