I just received my brand-new muffler from Bus = Depot.  I opened the packaging which is the typical Bus Depot packaging (looks = like they went rummaging through someone's garbage to find a box) only to find my = muffler at the very bottom of the box, unprotected.  The muffler = now has a series of very large dents.  So what do you guys think?  = Should I send it back?

[Rant mode on]
    I love bus depot but why the hell = can't they just purchase new boxes?  Every time I order something it = arrives in a beat-up old box with wrapped newspaper instead of proper = filler!  You can purchase a new box at a manufacturer for under 75 cents! ( I know = because the last time I moved I purchased all new boxes).  I would gladly = pay 75 cents to have my $140 order shipped correct.

[Rant mode off]

Will the dents effect performance?  There is = also a slight rattle in the muffler as if a small rock is lodged in it.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love Bus Depot and have = ordered over $2000 in stuff from them over the years.  I am just a little = miffed about waiting two weeks only to find that my van might be down much longer.