From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf Of Paul Borghese
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 12:32 = AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Very dented muffler from = Bus Depot

I just received my brand-new muffler from Bus = Depot.  I opened the packaging which is the typical Bus Depot packaging (looks = like they went rummaging through someone's garbage to find a box) only to find = my muffler at the very bottom of the box, unprotected.  The muffler now has a series of very large dents.  So what do you guys think?  Should I send it back?

[Rant mode on]
    I love bus depot but why the = hell can't they just purchase new boxes?  Every time I order = something it arrives in a beat-up old box with wrapped newspaper instead of proper filler!  You can purchase a new box at a manufacturer for under = 75 cents! ( I know because the last time I moved I purchased all new = boxes).  I would gladly pay 75 cents to have my $140 order shipped correct.  =

[Rant mode off]

Will the dents effect performance?  There is = also a slight rattle in the muffler as if a small rock is lodged in it.  =

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love Bus Depot and have = ordered over $2000 in stuff from them over the years.  I am just a little = miffed about waiting two weeks only to find that my van might be down much longer.