I just received my brand-new muffler from Bus = Depot.  I opened the packaging which is the typical Bus Depot packaging (looks = like they went rummaging through someone's garbage to find a box) only to find = my muffler at the very bottom of the box, unprotected.  The muffler now has a series of very large dents.  So what do you guys think?  Should I send it back?

It's really up to you. If it bothers you = enough call Bus Depot and see what they can do about it. But will you really be = noticing those dents once the muffler is installed under the van? Personally, I = wouldn't bother returning a cosmetic problem with something that is = under the van... however... if you think the dents are big enough to reduce air = flow or cause quicker rusting, then it might be a good idea to return it.

[Rant mode on]
    I love bus depot but why the = hell can't they just purchase new boxes?  Every time I order = something it arrives in a beat-up old box with wrapped newspaper instead of proper filler!  You can purchase a new box at a manufacturer for under = 75 cents! ( I know because the last time I moved I purchased all new = boxes).  I would gladly pay 75 cents to have my $140 order shipped correct.  =

Personally I love the used = boxes... I thinking how many hundreds or thousands of trees that won't be cut = down during the life of the Bus Depot company...

It's usually a good idea to = take some time to cool off and let the thinking brain kick in before going into = a rant and trashing someone or some business to 700 other people... doesn't = hurt other people or business unnecessisarily... and improves your image to = others on the list.... (trying to take my own advice on this one :)

Bill

[Rant mode off]

Will the dents effect performance?  There is = also a slight rattle in the muffler as if a small rock is lodged in it.  =

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love Bus Depot and have = ordered over $2000 in stuff from them over the years.  I am just a little = miffed about waiting two weeks only to find that my van might be down much longer.