OK, I need a tstat (remember = overheating question last week).  BD lists 2 for my 84.  One says 80 = degrees, the other 87 degrees.
Which would be best for my = area?  Indiana that is with temps occas to -30 in winter, occas to 100 in august. =
Also, my FL(import)APS is closed = thru Jan 2 and I'm in a hurry.
    Any words of = advice in regards to using a tstat from say Autozone?  I wouldn't ordinarilly = buy non-german but it may be my only option since my parts guy is on = vacation.
Thx Jay
PS: If anyone has done a tstat = replacement with the engine in the vehicle,  I'd love to hear how it can be done = without removing the waterpump(involved job with good chance of causing = leaks).I'd rather leave it in place.