David,

I'd love to know the answer to that = one.  I've tried many myself the only one I use now is the Craftsman Fine = Tooth ratchet.  It is a catalogue item but its the best I've = found.

Jere
----- Original Message -----
From: David Marshall
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, = 2000 11:08 PM
Subject: What is the ultimate ratchet?

I'm = looking for real life experiences here.  I am looking for the Ultimate = Ratchet.  Something that works damn well so I wouldn't cry spending over $100 on = if that's how much it cost.  Most of my = [good] sockets are 1/2" so I would be looking for a 1/2" ratchet - most likely a 3/8" as = a companion if I really do find the ultimate 1/2" drive.  People = have told me that Hazet of Germany makes some really nice tools.  There is = a store here in town that has some and I am not impressed.  By not = impressed I mean they do not fit my hand like a glove and become the ultimate tool = - more than likely it can take the abuse one might throw at it but I would = demand that out of a $25+ plus ratchet these days.  Currently I have a = Craftsman 1/2 drive that is "middle" of the road as my main ratchet - it gets = the job done, but my hands still get cold from the bare metal.  I have = tried other peoples Snap On and Mac Tools ratchets and yes, they are nice - = very nice but I am still thinking there is something out there that is better.  For Christmas by wife bought me the $39.95 Canadian Tire = "Professional Series" 1/2 ratchet with a nice black composite = handle.  I've used it a bit and I would say it it going to the top of the class = so far... but is there something better?  Surely there is!

David Marshall

Fast Forward Autobahn = Sport Tuning
4356 Quesnel Hixon Road
Quesnel BC Canada  V2J = 6Z3
mailto:info@fastforward.ca   &n= bsp;  http://www.fastforward.ca   &nb= sp;
Phone: (250) 992 7775           = FAX: (250) 992 1160

• Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions
• Transporter, Unimog and Iltis = Sales
• European Lighting for most Audi and Volkswagen models