In a message dated 12/26/2000 11:55:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSE= RV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Gary, I have seen the squar= e drive at the hub of the front left wheel start
to round off. This means that at a certain stage it will
be engaging and disengaging. This will cause the needle to register
unevenly. If this is your problem you may be able to move the cable a li= ttle
to get it onto the square part but I am not sure.
Regards, Ron Olsen

      I have had success in welding to th= e end with a mig welder then filing
the end square again so that it fits= in the square hole of the grease cup.

Happy Holidays

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stain= less Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli &a= mp; Associates or http://frankcondelli.com