If you read the instructions accompanying this = heater you will find that it warns you to have adequate ventilation when you're using = it.  Combustion of any carbohydrate fuel produces CO, which can be nasty.

Dave in KC
http:/= /members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1/westy/westy.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: Schmidt
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 = 9:16 AM
Subject: lifesaver heater

Last winter I bought a little = coleman heater that is fueled by the little bottles of propane(the screw on kind.
While it does not put out enough = heat to heat the cavernous interior of the westy, it is great for warming body = parts.  A rule of cold weather camping states that if your feet are cold when = you get in your bag, they will remain cold.  This heater is perfect for = heating your pigs so they stay toasty in your bag.  The instructions say = this heater can be used IN a tent ie no fumes.  I have always = distrusted this and never run it while sleeping in the westy.  Tents are more = breathable than(most) top-down westies anyway.
In the last week, this heater has = saved me twice. Last night it kept the temp tolerable when it was -5 out and I = broke down.
3 days ago, my gsa cap was froze. Key would not insert.  Station had no "unfreeze" solution.  Not enough in = the tank to drive on home.  The heater saved the day-used it outside in = this case.  Well worth the
...still $45 at Walmart.