In a message dated 1/6/01 10:09:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, ahong@GTE.NET
writes:

It's been over eleven years since that conversation, so I can't recall if
any other differences were mentioned.  From my observations, the Wolfies
and the Carats look pretty much the same, although I haven't seen any
Carats with the gray diagonal pinstripe upholstery.  I've also come upon
some Wolfies and Carats that do not have the leather covered steering wheel
that came stock on mine.

like i had mentioned before, that is the difference. the '89 wolfsburg is
Carat, but had the diagonal striped grey upholstry, grey dash, leather
covered steering wheel, speaker in left side panel, carpeted rear seat
kickpanel, and body colored fiberglass trim/bumpers.

chris