LOL! In Germany a classic = automobile has to be 30Years old to be considered as "classic" with special taxes and insurances...
Perhaps because german cars last longer = :-)

Raimund

----- Original Message -----
From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2001 = 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: happy new = year..and for those of you with '91 vanagons........

Yes and now = (At least in New Jersey) I can get my '81 Jetta diesel licenced
as a = "classic automobile" and pay around $100 a year for full coverage car =
insurance (limitations apply to your mileage, etc but I haven't been driving =
the car far distances anyway- did I mention the odometer is broken:).  I = also
plan on putting a '74 bus on the road this year to use as a = general haul
vehicle with the "classic" tags.  It almost makes me want to = consider buying
an 80 or 81 Westie to use as a camping vehicle.  I = mean most Westie owners I
deal with put very small amounts of mileage on = thier vans every year anyway
so the mileage restrictions of "classic" = wouldn't be much of a problem.  It
would be a fun car to run down to = Ocean City in this summer....

Just FYI,
Ken Wilford (who already = has too many cars and yet is still trying to figure
out ways so he can = have more :)
Van-Again
John 3:16
http://www.vanagain.com =