Automatics do not count in my questions...

Can it go up a hill, Say at 1900 RPMs in top gear?  Or in Third?
Do you have to downshift when traffic slows to keep up?

I often find my self in traffic that slows down while I am in fifth or fourth
gear and being lazy, I do not like to shift.  In fifth I have a range of
roughly 40 (30 mph in flats if needed) mph to 90+.  In fourth I have a range
25 mph to 75 mph.

The modifications I made give me a power band  roughly between 1500 rpms to
5000 rpms.

The WBX engine is actually quite good once you realize the head gasket
problem is easily solved.  And for hoses: the original hoses on my 88 are
still good after 12 years with 99% the original clamps.  What makes hoses go
bad is when grease gets on them and makes them soft and than blow out.

AND IF the WBX is so BAD, you can pay me to take it off your hands...and I
will turn it into a Wasser "no leaker"boxer.

Robert