In a message dated 12/26/00 7:48:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
vanagon@volkswagen.org writes:

Let me know what you find out?  I have all sorts of Germans asking for
these as they are VERY illegal in Europe!

David. I called BEL radar company today and the answer to whether or not a US
made radar detector will work overseas is, NO.
You must buy a "BEL 990 International" here which will work overseas. I was
at Car Toys in Bellevue, WA and they have two models from BEL available for
about $500. The other option is to buy a radar detector from the UK. See ya,
Michael.
87 syncro
87 quattro
99 Cabrio