Dear fellow Vanagon = list members-

I want to remind you to use caution when trying to find = sources of heat your
camper this winter.
Only forced air and true = catalytic heaters are safe for comfort heating, and
even with these, = adequate ventilation is required to replenish the fresh air
supply. =

Propane carbon monoxide is as dangerous as that from other heat sources, so =
please don't use your stove with the flower pot all night.

Especially = the ceramic or steel mesh type propane heaters-use only with
windows = open during the day.

I was very sad to hear today that 2 men died = in a camper last night at the
premises of a local VW Parts yard. =
They were using the non-catalytic type, like a Mr. Heater.

Please be = safe with any of the portable or improvised heaters.
I would add = that buying and using a CO detector in your van (and at home) is a good idea. I = have a catalytic heater for my Vanagon, but even with a window cracked I use = a CO detector.

Bill