johns3539@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

, but if I decide to put a Golf/Jetta or Subaru engine in, I would
feel a little bit better knowing that a mechanic will work on it in case I
get stuck somewhere. Does anyone recommend a conversion to someone who can't
fix every single nook and cranny of their van on their own?  Has anyone kept

go with the inline 4 golf engine.   that way if you need maint, you can go to
any vw shop and they'll work on it as the inline was actually offered on the
diesel vanagons anyway..
chris