Bill Davidson wrote:
I'm asking for advice and/or help from the Canadians on the list who may
have experience with shipping things to the U.S....
<snip>  they use a courier named Purolator to ship the Paulchen to California.
Bill, Purolator is the best courier service in Canada.
http://www.purolator.com/
I believe they use Air Borne when shipping to the US.
http://www.airborne.com/
Question #2... Owasco says they have to charge 15% tax on top of both the
cost of the rack and the shipping... (C$499 + C$120 = C$620 x 15% = C$93.00)
does this seem right? AND Owasco said I may be able to get the tax
refunded... anyone know how this would work?
This is absolute undiluted BS. When a company ships out of the country there is no 7% GST due. When an Ontario company (which OWASCO is) ships out of the province of Ontario there is no 8% Ontario sales tax due. These OWASCO people are just plain wrong spelled with a capital D.
Thanks so much for your help...
BTW it was this month that I discovered the cause of my Syncro's front left CV joint banging. OWASCO mechanics had only put 5 out of the 6 balls back in the CV joint when they cleaned and repacked it. Someone didn't have the balls to finish the job.

Larry
'86 Syncro Westfalia
'86 Syncro Doublecab
in Ontario, Canada down wind from OWASCO by about 100 miles