there is a lot of buzz about this. steve jobs (apple = founder) is quoted as saying they will built cities around ginger. steve bezos ( = amazon ) says it will revolutionize the world if people are allowed to use it. = Marshall while your theory sounds cool does  this uni scooter warrant such = world changing statements? I'm dying to know what the technology = is??

-----Original = Message-----
From: Marshall Ruskin <mjruskin@HOME.COM>
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM = <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Friday, January 12, 2001 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: Some = Friday Sleuthing

The device in question (Ginger) is a revolutionary form of motorized transportation. Totally = clever.

It is an electric scooter, - like a = unicycle, - that has only one (pneumatic) wheel, and is stabilized in the pitch = plane by gyros - that apply a controlling torque to the driven wheel = to position the centre of gravity over the wheel, so as to maintain proper balance.

The rider stands on a pedestal above = the wheel, and holds onto handlebars, that are attached to a vertical shaft that = rises from the pedistal.

Looks like magic.

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy "Leader of the = Pack"