To the list at large-

Please help!  I have a 1984 = Vanagon.  The idiot lights in the center of the dash have a nasty habit of = periodically not functioning (completely).  After some careful looking over, and = testing of various sensors, this looks like it is caused by that damn plastic = circuit strip that leads from the back of the clock up to the middle section of the = instrument cluster (where the idiot lights are located).  It has a couple of = spots in it that look kind of wrinkled.
Is there any way to repair that = strip?  Failing that, does anyone on the list have a good one of these for = sale, or a good complete instrument cluster at a reasonable price?  I would = also consider a later one with a tach, if it would work, and the conversion = to accommodate it isn't too difficult.
If any kind soul on the list can help = me with this, I would be most appreciative.  Thanks in advance.

-Jason Stevenson
1984 Vanagon
1998 Cabrio