I agree with the use of the Dremel = tool, but I've had good luck using their straight carbide router  bit to cut = stainless or other metals.  they cost about $8 at bigger Walmarts or your local model  train hobby shop(hobbytown?).

Dimwitted Moose and Flying = Squirrel
----- Original Message -----
From: Frank = Condelli
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 = 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: tools for cutting = off fused rusted exhaust bolts????

In a = message dated 1/8/2001 11:53:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM= writes:

tools for cutting off fused rusted exhaust = bolts????

      Ed, a = Dremel or Dremel replica with fibre reinforced cut off wheel
tool works just = great for the tight spots.  Get a few of the cut off wheels
as you = will use them up quickly.  An ordinary hand held grinder with a cut =
off wheel works for those bolts more accessible.  You may find that the = part
of the bolt still remaining in the flange hole you need to use again may = be
hardened and difficult to drill out.  Use hardened drill bits = for drilling
stainless steel to get these holes back in use. =

Happy New Year

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada =
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & = Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley =
STEBRO/Vanagon = Stainless Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli = & Associates or http://frankcondelli.com