In a message dated 1/7/2001 4:26:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@= GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Performance Mufflers.

      Steve, being the main promoter of t= he STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel
Exhaust System I have to jump in here.=  The STEBRO Muffler for the 2.1 litre
waterboxer engined Vanagon i= s constructed of 100% stainless steel, comes with
integral mounting brac= kets and tailpipe, all needed gaskets, stainless steel
mounting hardware= and a lifetime warranty.  This muffler is made with a "flow
thru" = design, there are no baffles in the way of the exhaust flow, therefore
t= here is a decrease in exhaust back pressure and an increase in engine
pe= rformance.  I think if you check your prices carefully you will find th= at
the STEBRO price of $275 USD delivered to your door is a bargain. &nb= sp;There is
also a 5% Vanagon List Member discount which you must ask fo= r when you place
your order.  Please visit the STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Syste= m
webpage for complete details.  Follow the link on that page f= or customer
reviews to see what others have to say about the STEBRO muff= ler.  We also
have the J-pipe for the 2.1 litre waterboxer engined = Vanagon and a muffler
for the 1.9 litre waterboxer engined Vanagon in st= ainless as well.
      Please note that the muffler offere= d by the Bus Depot is not entirely
stainless, only the outer shell is. &= nbsp;The innards, inlet and outlet pipe and
flanges are mild steel. &nbs= p;It does not come with the mounting brackets, nor the
tail pipe, nor do= es it come with the necessary gaskets and mounting hardware
and it does = not carry a warranty from the manufacturer.

Happy New Year

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stain= less Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli &a= mp; Associates or http://frankcondelli.com