dolphin@MARS.NETSPACE.OR.JP writes:

Hello folks,

Does anyeone know big fuel tank?
VNMC guy(89Westy) is looking for it. Where is it sold?

Thanks,

Yosh@87Westy
dolphin@mars.netspace.or.jp

Yoshi, I sell these for $699.  You can see a drawing of one on my website at
http://www.vanagain.com/Accessories.htm.  These tanks are 22 gallon instead
of 15-16 gallon of the regular 2wd Vanagon.  They only work in 2wd Vanagons
(syncro tanks are in a different spot).  I have some more pictures as I just
installed one about a month ago but I haven't had time to post them yet.  It
went pretty easily and actually added only about 2 or 3 hours to the time it
would normally take to change a regular gas tank.  You have to cut away the
rear support for the tank with a sawzall, then drill a couple of holes in the
frame underneath and attach a new rear carrier that bolts in.  The new tank
comes with longer support straps.  I had to move the fuel pump and filter
toward the rear of the van as well and the outlet of the tank was just one
size bigger than the normal 84.5-91 tanks so I added an adapter ! that I got
from Napa.  That was it.

If you have the 84.5-91 2wd Vanagons this is all you have to do to install
the tank.  If you have a 80-84.5 (metal filler neck) you will also have to
replace the filler neck with a plastic one.  The tanks are made in Germany.
I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
Van-Again