I thought I'd try my question a second time, with a = little specificity:

I am about to replace many of the fuel lines and = components of my high pressure fuel system (from fuel pump to engine).  = It appears fairly straightforward and logical, and I have = Bentley's pictures, but not much text to guide me.  I wondered if anyone = has done this recently enough to offer any tips, cautions, etc., on = removing and replacing the various components?

In particular:
removing and cleaning the air intake = manifold runners, and replacing their gaskets
replacing the large diameter, short length rubber = hoses on those runners
replacing all the high pressure fuel = lines
cleaning out the intake air distributor
removing and reseating the injectors with new gaskets

TIA,
Jim Creech
87 Westy GL, 2.1