Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 1:21 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Help = solving the jitters when accelerating from stop (84 Vanagon)

When I start accelerating from a dead = stop (1st gear) the Vanagon gets the jitters.  Sounds like a warped = flywheel to me; but just wondering if it could be oil leaking on the clutch.  I = don't have the problem in any other gear.  The problem seems to be = worse when I am accelerating uphill from stop.
Some days the problem is worse than others.

I had a new clutch and throwout = bearing installed several years ago.

I would appreciate any comments for = solving this problem.

George
Columbus, GA