Date:    Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:20:10 -0500
From:    "Michael E. Pidcoe" <pidcoe@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Factory alloys - Canadian?

Howdy.  There was a Vanagon brochure on ebay last week that showed a van
with what looks like an alloy wheel with 12, golf-ball sized, holes in
it.
The picture is still there at
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=537107559
Does anyone know what these wheels are and if they are still available?
Thanks,
Mike Pidcoe
'82 diesel (Hanagon-Blue)
'86 syncro (suby powered)
'74 Thing (daily driver until diesel wandered into the fold)

I met a guy this summer windsurfing down at the hatchery here in the Gorge. He had a white westy with those wheels on it. He was European, I can't recall from where, and had brought his vanagon over with him to Canada to do some touring. He was going to be passing through the states for a while but he said they would only let him have his van here for a certain amount of time. Anyway he swore they were factory and he bought the van new with them on it. I had never seen them either. They actually had a VW stamp on them.
Craig
the Gorge VW club