In a message dated 1/18/01 5:24:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wasbrikoff@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

As I was waiting for a friend at the store, I started to read my 1991
Vanagon GL hand book that comes from VW.  Even tho it came with my 1991, it
clearly says the book was printerd in Germany in 1989. No biggie.

Some where, near the middle/back of the manual, it mentions "Heated seats",
Driver 's seat to be specific. It has a very small, vague control panel, on
the back side of the yoke of the steering wheel, which I believe is supposed
to be a temp guage or controller.

they were an pricey option in Canada and europe..  never seen them in any US
spec vans, tho.
BTW-i just got my "real source" vw mag and they have a seat-heater element
retrofit kit for new beetles ...i bet it would work on any vw seat..

chris