In a message dated 1/28/01 5:02:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hanran@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

from what I understand.  The German
firm's US offices and plant were (are) located in Fort Worth, TX, but
parts and information are no longer available from the company,
according to my last message from the firm..

The complete owner's manual and technical information  publications have
been posted, occasionally, on the List, and they might be available in
the Archives, which I have found to be difficult to address, directly,
via the download from the Vanagon.com site.

fyi, i have complete schematics and installation instructions/parts lists for
the '80-'85 vanagon passenger vans, and the vanagon Westfalias.   i got these
from VWOA Wilmington Del. POE where they installed many of the a/c systems
right when the vans came off the ship, before they were trucked out of port
to their respective dealerships..
i can photocopy these, or if someone wants to scan them and put them of a
website, let me know.
chris