To the brain trust on the list,
I recently installed a new/different instrument cluster in my 85 Vanagon. I
was told it came from an 85 and that it should be a straight swap. Well,
every thing is working except the tach. My old cluster had the clock instead
of the tach. According to the Bentley it's the 9th pin on the 14 pin
connector. Any help on how I would trouble shoot this would be greatly
appreciated and I would be forever indebted to ya'll. One other
thing........I didn't use the circuitry sheet (I'll call it that since I
don't know the real term) from my old cluster, I figured that that came with
the cluster should work just fine............opps. Shouldn't have assumed
anything.
PLEASE HELP.
TIA
Paul Rogers