I would recommend that if you are going to replace your head gaskets, go
ahead and pull the barrels off and replace the seals under the cylinders.
Also pull the rods off and put in new rod bearings and bolts and nuts.

It might take a little longer and cost a little more, you would save you the
headache of having to repeat the process IF one of the cylinder seals were
bad.

A complete gasket set is cheaper or about the same as two head gaskets sets,
plus you get all the other gaskets that would need to be replaced.

When I was helping a fellow list member with his engine swap/head gasket
replacement, one side of cylinders was stuck fast to the head.  I ended up
pulling the head off with the cylinders.  Two of the black gaskets had
hardened and were brittle and showed signs of leakage and a piston ring was
broken.  Inspection of the rods bearing also showed wear.

Also take the time to replace the oil cooler gasket (for 2.1L) to prevent it
from cracking and the few oil cooler hoses.

**This is just my opinion based on the few WBX engines I have taken down and
the problems reported after having new head gaskets.

Robert